Login or sign up Lost password?
Login or sign up
Without this identification, criminal charges cannot be issued. If you receive payment in the form of a check, return it to the sender and advise them the bad check has been turned over to the District Attorney and they should forward a money order there. Extradition is not authorized by statute in misdemeanor bad check cases. If the bank indicates possible forgery as the reason returned, immediately contact the local police department or sheriff’s office for investigation. If you use the services of the District Attorney’s Office for the processing of worthless checks, you are required to comply with the above listed policies.